Setting Up Your Booth
You want to be sure that your booth is set up as an inviting space. This means you’ll need decent lighting and you’ll also want structures, stands or shelving to display your work nicely.
Here's a list of things that I took with me to every show:
- tablecloth / drop cloths (to cover all the way to the floor)
- Safety pins
- extension cords
- price tag stickers
- Note Paper
- calculator / phone
- displays for setting up glass
- chair or stool if one wasn't provided
- business cards
- food and water
- heating pad (some places get cold or have the air conditioning set so high it gets really cold. There is nothing worse than being cold without the ability to move around for hours on end.)
- cash box with float
- Phone with charger and credit card processor
I always found it helpful to do a mock-up setup the week prior to the show. By setting up your displays with your glass, you can create a nice layout without the added pressure of only having one hour to get it all done. Plus, if you take a couple of quick photos, it makes setting up on show day a breeze.
PRO TIP: Once everything is laid out the way you want it, you can start packing it away in boxes in an order that makes sense for you to unpack it.